The following conditions of stay have been adopted by the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park to assist us with providing the best possible service.
Your payment of fee to stay at the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park assumes agreement with these policies, terms and conditions, and we thank you for your cooperation.
- Booking Fees: Outstanding fees (in addition to your deposit) must be paid on arrival, by cash or EFTPOS at the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park Office. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian if staying on the premises.
- Arrival & Departure: Check-in time is from 11 am, and check-out time is prior to 10 am. Early check-in or late check-out requests may be catered for depending on availability, but a fee may apply for such requests. Please contact reception staff for further information.
- Booking cancellations will have the deposit refunded if notification is given at least one (1) month prior to the date you are booked to arrive. If notification is not given in the specified timeframe, the deposit becomes non-refundable.
- Site occupancy is at your own risk: Bridport Seaside Caravan Park accepts no responsibility for loss or damage by fire, theft, accidents or otherwise. This includes damage or injury to any of your own visitors that may occur within the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park.
- Amenities: Please use amenities responsibly, and leave them how you would like to find them. Adults are responsible for their children, and if you have visitors, you are responsible for them as well. For health and safety reasons footwear must be worn inside the amenities blocks at all times. Showers are included in the nightly charge, for approximately 4 minutes of hot water, and washing machines are $4.00 per load. Clothes lines and driers are also available.
A shower and/or washing machine can only be used on your site if it has a designated sullage pit. A sullage pit may be shared between adjoining vans.
Kitchen sink greywater must be directed into adjacent vegetation or discharged into a bucket, which must be regularly emptied and kept in a hygienic condition.
- Powered Sites: A 15 Amp power cord is required for all powered sites – this is usually orange in colour, and has a wider earth peg. Power outlets cannot be shared between adjoining sites.
- Parking: There is a restriction of 1 vehicle per site. Boat parking is permitted on your site if there is sufficient space. Adjacent open space or other sites cannot be used for parking. Visitors’ vehicles must be left in Bentley Street or in designated car parking areas adjacent to the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park. Your site must accommodate your caravan/annexe, tent, vehicle, boat and any other equipment you bring for the duration of your stay.
- The Accommodation and Hospitality Standard for Australia prescribes free passage of 2.4 m between caravan/tent sites. Therefore, your caravan/tent cannot be placed hard on the boundary of your site! The extra space is for free passage in case of an emergency. We can advise you on the situation in your specific case if you are unsure where to pitch camp.
- Shadecloth is restricted to a maximum of 5 m x 1.8 m per site in a single layer, and must be completely self-supported and in good condition. Colours may be green, brown or sand coloured – no plastics, tarps, hessian or other materials can be used.No tarps or Plastic on the grass. Must use breathable mattting.
- Bicycles can be ridden through the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park – but only on formal tracks and with due regard for pedestrians at all times. Cycling on campsites, through native vegetation, on wood-chipped areas, and between caravans and campsites, is strictly prohibited. Riders must wear helmets at all times.
- Speed: Vehicles must not exceed walking speed in the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park.
- Washing of cars or vans within the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park is prohibited. You must provide covers for your car if concerned about dust or sap from trees. Boat engines may be rinsed without generating undue noise or disturbance, but water use must be kept to a minimum.
- Strictly no cleaning of fish anywhere in the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park.
- Pets Policy: No pets/animals are permitted in the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park, During Peak(1st Nov to after Easter) in accordance with Dorset Council Reserves, Recreation Grounds and Caravan Parks By-Law No. 4 of 2003: Part 2, Numbers 5 & 26 (i). Fine $250.
- Fires: Solid fuel fires are not allowed during Total Fire Ban Periods anywhere in the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park. At any other time of year, solid fuel fires are permitted but under strict conditions – in off-the-ground fire pots/stoves ONLY. Patrons must be considerate towards other patrons. No fire should be lit if the wind is likely to blow smoke into other sites. Completely cold wood ash (only) may be spread under trees, rather than being dumped in piles. Should you have any concerns, please contact our reception staff.
- The native vegetation is an integral part of the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park amenity. Do not damage any trees, shrubs or other native vegetation – this includes removing branches, cutting, pruning or ringbarking trees, tying or nailing equipment (washing lines, annexes, etc) to trees, collecting fire wood, slashing edges, etc. The wood-chipped areas are for regeneration, so please keep off!
- The use of generators, power tools or chainsaws is not permitted anywhere in the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park. Bridport Seaside Caravan Park users are required to abide by Dorset Council Reserves, Recreation Grounds and Caravan Parks By-Law No. 4 of 2003.
- Noise after 11:00 pm must be kept to a level that does not disturb other people. Please exercise consideration at all times.
- Please report vandalism and any damage to the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park Office. Other disruptive or dangerous behaviour should be reported to the Police – safety is a collective responsibility. The destruction and/or vandalism of Bridport Seaside Caravan Park Property will result in eviction.
- Bridport Seaside Caravan Park Management decisions are final on all matters pertaining to the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park.
- Emergency Contacts:
Tasmania Police 131 444
Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000
Dorset Council After Hours Emergency Number 1300 858 824
Bridport is a safe and friendly community; however, Tasmania Police request that patrons secure all valuable items, and report any suspicious activity.
(Note - patron's staying at the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park Cabin must comply with slightly revised Conditions of Stay that are relevant specifically to cabin bookings.)